Manual Brakes LF Conversion plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm looking for the conversion plate for the master like in the picture below. I had a link saved for a place that was selling these for $90 but the link doesn't work any longer. I can find them for $130 but that price is a bit high for a part like that. If anyone has one for sale or can help me out I'd appreciate it...

images.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks but those are just flat plates that leave the master on an angle. Plus a flat plate is a part that is easily made for a few $$$

79CMC

Apprentice
Feb 11, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Hm...Maybe I'm confused about something then. I was going to link to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=34354&start=30#.Ucm4pzffLjY but I just saw you commented on it a few days ago. Will those Master Cylinders he cites not bolt up to G-body firewalls with his bracket (pictures in first post of that thread)?

It looks like he did his homework, but I haven't tried any of them and I'm still learning about braking systems. I'm looking to upgrade to the C5 set-up in my Monte and this whole "manual brake" idea piqued my interest so I can remove some clutter around my LS1. I'll have C5 discs in the front, Ford 9" drums in the rear and I wasn't planning on using a prop valve, since I'll still have the same disc/drum ratio. Any reason not to switch to manual brakes?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't know about his set up but there is no reason not to switch to manual brakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor