Manual Trans Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnout66

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 8, 2013
Does any by Burnout66 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:54 pm

Does anyone know if a S10 manual transmission fit in a GBody El Camino? I am sure I would need to find a clutch and brake assembly and bell housing, just woundering about eveything else?

Thanks, my turbo 350 is shot.

Burnout66

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 8, 2013
About a 1983 2 wheel drive S10 My El Camino is a 1980 with a 267 V8 turbo 250 or a turbo 350. I heard some of the S10 parts are interchangable.
Any Ideas?
Thanks?

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm sure that other people will chime in here. In short, the transmission could be made to work, but there are different shifter locations on the T5 trannys, depending on whether it came from an S10, or Camaro or Firebird. The S10 transmission isn't as strong as the T5 from a Camaro or Firebird that was originally equipped with a V8. Since your El Camino has a V8, you might be better off to search for a V8 T5. As for how to do the swap, if you search on this site, Malibu Racing, or MonteCarloSS.com, you should be able to find all the info that you're looking for. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor