Manual Valve Body for the Street?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
I'm just looking for suggestions here. Is a manual valve body with a ratchet shifter a good idea for daily street use? I like the sound of the idea now that I un-policed my 4L60 and can put it in 1st whenever I want. Tends to make heavy-footed cornering interesting in the rain :twisted:

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
What shifter are you using?

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Manual valve body here.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have a reverse manual valve body in my 400 turbo with a B & M Megashifter and I love having control of all my shifts and when I come up to a light I just bang it forward twice and I am back in first, I definitely would not love it if I had to push in a clutch pedal each time I shifted though.

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
I have a factory floor shifter setup with a reverse gate, works great.
I forgot, most of these cars had a floor shifter. Not the granny cars though, column shift with 2.29s. But as far as the state is concerned, it's a V6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor