MAP Info Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have what they used call the 1.0, it's only good to 650 hp so I had to remove some stickers on the GP. I am using the MSD 85551 now but I also have the MSD E curve that I might drop in since that can be used with or without the box. The E Curve sets up the same way with it holding back the timing so if the box ever died, like MSD boxes have a habit of doing, I would just have to change a few wires and settings on the dials in the distributor and I'd be on my way

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
What model of the FAST EFI do you have? Which distributor?

the Fast 2.0 which is rated to 1200 hp has this..." Electronic Fuel Pressure Measurement • Nitrous Timing Retard • Electronic Timing Control "

if I get the 2.0 I can put the stickers back on the GP and even add more... :popcorn:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Pages 21-22 refer to the MAP reading vs. LOAD%.... how's your load? :popcorn:

To answer your original question, they are 2 separate systems that can't be combined, unless you upgrade.

In regards to the eCurve, I would think the Pro Billet and 6AL_2 would provide a more stable curve than a module. Your dreams of having an onboard backup system seem optimistic. I have seen racecars run a backup ignition, but I've never experienced a box failure. I thought I had one once, sent my box back, and they replaced a resistor, but the real problem was the rear float being set incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor