• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Looks like time for a runoff boys and girls.

And yes, my vote is now for sale.
Yup. I'm going to reset the poll with just those two choices, and let it go another 2 days, just to give folks a chance.

stand by....

Reactions: 1 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Here's the vote before I reset everything....

Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 4.12.12 PM.png

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yeah, that list was just completely over run with LS swaps that are so popular everyone does them 😉

But seriously now, the final 2 absolutely deserve to be fighting for the win!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Wow, a real horesrace going on here. As pretty and shiny as Turbogeezer's is, I'm not sure what it is, Chevy I guess? But Rktpwrd is obviously a very pretty OLDS. And I am always a sucker for a big block. Nice color!

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Wow, a real horesrace going on here. As pretty and shiny as Turbogeezer's is, I'm not sure what it is, Chevy I guess? But Rktpwrd is obviously a very pretty OLDS. And I am always a sucker for a big block. Nice color!
Turbogeezer looks to be a dual-quad carb setup based where things sit on the intake and aircleaner type. That alone suggests more than a basic small block. But I really don't know either.

Rktpwrd I am wondering is that pic is with those new heads installed on it yet? Doesn't look to be the new intake so I'm guessing maybe not?

Heck, wouldn't hurt other than giving away secrets to hear what each currently still sits at.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Yeah, that list was just completely over run with LS swaps that are so popular everyone does them 😉

But seriously now, the final 2 absolutely deserve to be fighting for the win!
And, yet, add up all the votes all the ls engines got together and I'm not sure they could share votes to make the finals ;)

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Turbogeezer looks to be a dual-quad carb setup based where things sit on the intake and aircleaner type. That alone suggests more than a basic small block. But I really don't know either.

Rktpwrd I am wondering is that pic is with those new heads installed on it yet? Doesn't look to be the new intake so I'm guessing maybe not?

Heck, wouldn't hurt other than giving away secrets to hear what each currently still sits at.

No, unfortunately it’s not. Still saving up and researching what roller camshaft and valvetrain to run in the big girl. That way I only have to tear into it again once.

No secrets here, this is what’s in it:
It’s an older picture granted, but I assure you it still looks the same. As it currently still stands, it’s 462 ci, 10.25:1 compression, TRW forged aluminum pistons, ported Ga heads, Comp Cams roller tip rockers, a big lumpy Engle camshaft, port matched Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley Street HP double pumper, stainless W30 valves, ceramic coated Hooker 1 7/8” headers, and all backed up by a T56 6 speed stick.
The block and heads have undergone extensive smoothing and was then painted base/clear with PPG Viper Blue Pearl. The intake manifold, piston tops, and headers have all been high temp ceramic coated high lustre silver, with the piston skirts, inside of the oil pan, and lifter valley all dry film oiliophobic(?) coated. A set of one year only embossed chrome OLDSMOBILE valve covers, a one-of-one custom aluminum front accessory drive assembly designed by me, and hand bent and flared stainless steel polished fuel and vacuum lines finish off the “pretty”.

I will say this, trying to make an Oldsmobile engine look pretty isn’t easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
but...But...BUT...LS! o_O 😭
Like they say, you can't put lipstick on a pig. And this was a beauty contest. Aint nothing pretty about plastic intakes and wires out your valvecovers.....

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor