"market" for 15x7 '83 & '84 H/O wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Tom

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2016
Toronto
i hate asking these questions due to the variability of "condition" but It's an honest question as i haven't seen these things for sale in ages.

What's the going rate either per rim/ or per set for 83/84 HO rims?

Let's say condition is generally poor - flaking clear coat, some pitting around stud holes, some pitting around face... but generally true and "driver" quality.

no effort to polish, clean or restore. Red Pinstripes mostly there.

ball park? anyone have a down to earth idea?

thanks in advance!

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
They are worth more than you think since they are not reproduced anymore. A straight wheel with some minor rust is still worth 100-150 bucks in my opinion. I’ve sold many this way to guys that are getting them re-chromed. Flaking clearcoat is very common and not a big issue. Just remove it. The lug centers can be cleaned up easily with a sandblast and some fresh paint. It’s amazing what you can achieve with a little effort

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

_Tom

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 17, 2016
Toronto
appreciate the input here.
Seems as though it's going from 25 to 150... with $25 being kind of unrealistic (I'm not sure anyone anywhere would sell straight driver quaility H/O rims for $25/pop... with perhaps $150 being on the "cleaned up...ok driver quality" side of the equation.

the crazy thing is i just don't see these things for sale anymore...

Last edited:

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
15" tires are getting harder to find, so those rims are geared more towards restorations. Let's face it: most would rather slap some big wheels on and an LS between the fenderwells.

• Indifferent
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor