master cylinder paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: The MC that I'm using with my hydro boost has to be painted as I did not paint it before and it showed surface rust pretty quick. I bought a product from eastwood called brake grey. It says it's resistant to dot 3. I'm waiting for the humidity to go down here in Mass. before I give it a shot. Any of youz guys try it? There has to be other products out there?
IBBY

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
hello people: The MC that I'm using with my hydro boost has to be painted as I did not paint it before and it showed surface rust pretty quick. I bought a product from eastwood called brake grey. It says it's resistant to dot 3. I'm waiting for the humidity to go down here in Mass. before I give it a shot. Any of youz guys try it? There has to be other products out there?
IBBY
We used it on the master cylinder in my brother's 78 Z28. The car has been running for at least five years. It's held up ok though we go out of our way not to spill brake fluid. Here's a recent underhood pic....
20210403_121302_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: I shot my MC yesterday and I like the way it looks. There's not much to paint on a MC so I might use it on my rear drums as they suggest. Also they suggest calipers.
IBBY

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor