Mastercool AC Hose Crimper

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I just did some mock ups using the Mastercool AC Hose Crimper and have to say this is very well made and very easy to use.
I bought a couple of feet of Goodyear AC standard barrier hose #6, #8, and #10 locally and used some Ebay hose ends I bought that appear to be decent quality but the 2 Vintage Air fittings I have seem a little beefier so I will probably do all of my fittings with those when I do final assembly.
I also bought the KwikCut T100 pvc hose cutter and it works very well making a nice square cut on this hose and got it from Ebay for under $14 shipped.

20181110_184922-1_resized.jpg
20181110_185218-1_resized.jpg
20181110_184745-1_resized.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Very nice. When I swapped to the serpentine belt system on my El C I had to have the suction/discharge hose redone.
The guy did a great job but it was a PITA, but what I have to hand it to him was he was able to solder/fuse? the fitting to the manifold so he could do the hoses. Pretty impressive the new technology.
When I was in the shop I made a ton of AC hoses but when R134a came out it ended it as the crimp system we used was not good enough for the smaller molecule R134a

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If you want to share? What does a crimper like that cost?
I paid $137 shipped, this one does #6 - #12 AC hoses.
It is a Mastercool 71550, mine is from an Ebay vendor.

Last edited:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
For as many hoses that you are going to make, it is well worth that. Thanks.
I agree, and since I am going to make them as I go working my way to the back of the car it will save time and many trips driving to a place to get the ends crimped, so worth every cent IMO.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I agree, and since I am going to make them as I go working my way to the back of the car it will save time and many trips driving to a place to get the ends crimped, so worth every cent IMO.
Maybe I can make you my b*tch and you can make hoses for me too.

:) Just kidding. (about making the hoses). hahha. Ok, kidding about all of it.

That's a very cool tool. The hydraulic shop at the nuke plant I used to work at had a version of crimpers too, but they made the ends more round and used hydraulics. We're talking tonnage on the pressure. Unreal.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Maybe I can make you my b*tch and you can make hoses for me too.
How about instead I give you a deal on the crimper when I am done only $137 and you pay for shipping. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor