MAT Sensor Location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaneCLTNC

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2017
Hi all, first post.

I recently purchased a 1986 Buick Regal with the 307 V8. Previous owner said the check engine light has been on for years but never affected the car.

I did the paperclip trick and jumped out pins a and b and got two codes, 23 and 45.

So im trying to find the MAT sensor on the car and I'm clueless and endless searching has yeilded no results.

I haven't gotten my Haynes manual yet, I know I know lol

fast86gn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2013
Air temp sensor should be between the air intake filter and the TB.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
No throttle body systems made it on to 307 engines. Your Regal would have had a MAP sensor, no MAT sensor. IMO throw away the Haynes manual and get a GM service manual.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Check hose to MAP sensor to make sure in good condition and check for a dip in the hose. Straighten out best as possible. You also have a rich code(45) so check canister purge valve in front of carb. The top bowl vent hose of carb should not be wet and when you take the hose off the carb and run engine at 2k RPM you should not feel suction on the hose. Make sure choke is open after warmed up. Does heater work? If not, the t-stat may be stuck open or not there allowing engine to run to cool and hence fooling ECM to run richer due to thinking its cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor