Matching interior paint for 1986 Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am looking for an interior paint that will match the color of my dash it is factory color and like a dark burgundy but nothing SEM makes matches and I also looked at Autozone and none of the Duplicolor interior paints match either.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Look on the inside of the trunk lid, the tag there will give you your color code. It should be 79 for dark claret & should be in the bottom row. There may be a "WA" code for the color but I don't know what it would be. You can give the 79 color code to a paint shop to get the color that will match. Should be able to get it in SEM if they mix it, or either PPG or Dupont. Keep in mind that due to age & fad, it may not be a 100% match but close.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Check with a local NAPA auto who mixes paint or auto paint retailer. You will need a spray gun to shoot the color.
In Buffalo I had Auto Refinishers custom match the silver blue interior color for my 79 Monte Carlo. I had taken the kick panel under the dash to match the color on the back side where the sun did not fade it.

Any good color matcher should be able to get the color extremely close.

Hope this helps.
Bob S.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am hoping that someone already makes this color in a spray can, I can get it color matched at the local Painter's Supply and they will put put it in spray cans but I would be committed to buying a pint which will make 4 cans but the total price will be $70 and I really only need to do the driver's b pillar.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I don't have the original decklid this one is blue.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Yup, a good body shop supply will be able to match the SEM Color Coat without a problem. You can also find the color code on the metal cowl tag.
SEM is very easy to apply. No mixing involved at all, you just have to really clean the plastic youre going to spray and I suggest using an adhesion promoter like Bulldog.
Some suppliers can also mix it and put it into an aerosol can for you. Depends on how much you have to spray

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Maybe getting in a ready to spray pint and use a Preval sprayer. I looked up the 79 code in my research info I have. Thats the color & code for '85-'88

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have taken a piece of interior plastic to the local paint shop supply at Carquest, they matched that color and put it in a spray bomb for $23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor