Mechanical fan upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Most G-body's that I've seen have a five blade mechanical fan but I've also seen a few that have the seven blade mechanical fan. What is the difference in CFM between the two?

I've seen new reproductions of A seven blade fan on OPGI and was wondering if it would work in a G-body? Has anyone here bought a new seven blade mechanical fan recently?

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
I'm not sure of the CFM, but I do have a couple factory 7 blade fans off Gbodys. I just put one on my Malibu and like it better than my electric fan set up. Figure 40.00 plus shipping..timo22

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm currently using a 7-blade mechanical fan from a Monte SS with a new HD Hayden clutch. I like it...it's sure quieter than the old flex fan, and seems to cool pretty well.
I also had/have the option of using an LS1 dual fan set up, but decided to go old school for simplicity.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I'm not sure of the CFM, but I do have a couple factory 7 blade fans off Gbodys. I just put one on my Malibu and like it better than my electric fan set up. Figure 40.00 plus shipping..timo22

Thanks Timo22! I'll keep this in mind but I'm not sure which direction I'm taking at this point.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I'm currently using a 7-blade mechanical fan from a Monte SS with a new HD Hayden clutch. I like it...it's sure quieter than the old flex fan, and seems to cool pretty well.
I also had/have the option of using an LS1 dual fan set up, but decided to go old school for simplicity.

What are the dimensions of the 7-blade fan from the MCSS? EG: 17" or 18"?

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Best cfm mechanical fan you can get is GM 405442 although it is a 19"

• Agree

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
It used to be a $40 fan, then GM noticed they were selling at a crazy high rate to the circle track guys, then they tripled the price.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What are the dimensions of the 7-blade fan from the MCSS? EG: 17" or 18"?
Off the top of my head, it's approx. 18" in diameter...probably a tad larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor