Mechanical Fuel Pump vs. Gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
After some recent events, haha. I decided to throw a video together to support my reasoning. I don't really expect this to change anyones mind, but I felt it was worth throwing out there.
I do not want any name calling, fit throwing, or crying going on here. I also fully expect that if there is the slightest hint of anything like that GP403 will lock this up nice and quick.

If we can talk reasonably and there is something else you would like to see done or tested and i'm able to I gladly will.

I realize that there is only about 5' total of fuel line here, but it does climb around 30-36" i'd guess. Far more than the 5-6" that was stated to be the limit. This was put together with extra scrap pieces I had laying around. The fuel pump is some form of aftermarket sbc pump. You may say that an aftermarket doesn't count but it's all I had. The reasn it was just laying around is because it was ditched for not being able to support my 350, so I'd say that about evens it out. If anyone has a pump they'd rather see used, send it to me lol.

Hopefully you can see that the line has no fuel in it prior to being installed, and that the pump has none either. I was actually surprised at how quickly it primed, as the first time I did it I got a face full of gas. You all can prolly enjoy that, however that's not the video you will see, lol. But is the reason for the short piece of hose on the outlet side.

Again let's try not to argue. This is just have fun with amd may open the door to more experiments in the future.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Very good demonstration! I stand corrected.... :friday:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My pumps don't work that well. Nice demonstration.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
someone mentioned it's a full moon so I think the gravity pull of the full moon may have helped to create this anomaly... :shock:

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Bonnewagon said:
My pumps don't work that well. Nice demonstration.
My dont either Bonne...must be getting my parts at the same place you are...lol

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
what led to this?

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
christ guys! and i thought the political threads got bad!

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
megaladon6 said:
christ guys! and i thought the political threads got bad!
i plead the 5th....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor