Memorial Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
A happy Memorial Day to all, especially our brothers and sisters in uniform past and present. It is so easy to forget what this holiday is all about what with all the sales, barbeques, and vacations. I don't know anyone who hasn't lost someone to war, yet the flags are flown less and less each year. If you don't already have a large American flag, go get one, and hoist it proudly today and on all such holidays. Never forget the men and women who gave their lives so that we could enjoy the blessings of a free democracy. We are not perfect, yet the entire world envies us. May God bless us, one and all.
3Ec3K93F85N75E85Mdcbba23b072d1ea9123a.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thank you for that sentiment, Mark. Very well said, and pointed out.
Have a great weekend, my friend.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Very well said Mark. Thanks to all the guys and gals who also keep us safe north of the border...

American-Flag.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

pow3rwagon

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2015
Washington
Fly my flag ever day to remember the friends I have lost. also as hard as it may be don't thank a service member on memorial day, this day if for the fallen ones and you risk being embarrassed.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
David Burge: Remembering the real meaning of Memorial Day

Today marks America's most somber holiday — Memorial Day.

Memorial Day is not about thanking a living veteran for their service or recognizing an active-duty soldier from Fort Bliss you see around town. They have their own holidays — Armed Forces Day which was last weekend and Veterans Day in November.

No, it is about recognizing the true cost of freedom, buried in the ground at hallowed places like Fort Bliss National Cemetery, Arlington, Va., and hundreds of other places around the country........

http://www.elpasotimes.com/opinion/ci_28181638/david-burge-remembering-real-meaning-memorial-day-and

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Bubbameano- I was attending services in DC for Veteran's Day several years ago. We were walking along and cut through some tall grass and trees, suddenly emerging and finding ourselves at the rear of a group of statues. It was an Infantry Platoon, full battle gear, ponchos, M-14's, the grimmest faces you can imagine. It was the Korean War Memorial. It is the most moving monument I have ever seen, even more than the Vietnam Wall. The black stone with the images somehow engraved look like ghosts of the dead. The forgotten war indeed.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
No, it is about recognizing the true cost of freedom, buried in the ground at hallowed places like Fort Bliss National Cemetery, Arlington, Va., and hundreds of other places around the country........
Whenever I pass the National Cemetary going into Santa Fe, I don't begrudge the water used to keep the grass green (for the benefit of the many) in the desert like I do the damned golf courses (that benefit the few). The bright green against the dusty brown background is a clear reminder that we care about our departed veterans.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor