METAL CRACKING IN THE DOORS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

80/MALIBU/COUPE

Greasemonkey
Feb 17, 2021
TUCSON AZ
IS CRACKING IN THE INTERNAL METAL OF DOORS NORMAL?? I DONT HAVE PIC NOW BUT CAN POST THEM TMRO . BUT BOTH DOORS HAVE CRACKS ONE MORE SO THEN THE OTHER.. BUT SAME PLACES FOR THE MOST PART .. NOT SURE IF ITS FROM DRAG USE OR THEFT

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It's a side effect of the thinner gauge metal used in our cars. I've had them in the door originally on my car too. The new to the car doors don't have any (yet).

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Yup...we've had some on the cars we've had here as well.

• Agree

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
I haven't seen this in any of mine, and I hope not to. Looks like I am going to have to be careful how hard I shut the doors from now on.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Common as fleas on a dog.

Also want to check the front of the door where the skin is hemmed over above the upper hinge. I've seen a lot of Malibu/Caminos with problems there.

• Agree

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
yep.... both doors are cracked there.. as well
The front of the door shell flexes when it hits the stop in the hinges, and allows the skin to be stressed. I've thought that if I ever fully "do" my coupe, I would try welding the skin hem to the shell, at least at the front above the upper hinge.

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor