Metric Malibu ford nine inch

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Where are you (or the rear)? And I'd guess that there is a reason it's $100. But a core is a core. There is ALOOOOOT of discussion on this forum about rear ends (ones with gears lol). Finding something useable for $100 and mix in another $6-800 and you might have something. If your fabrication and gear skill are nil, then you might want to pass. If not, then sounds like a road trip.

p.s. - If it's near me I won't go grab from under you - no FoMoCo products in our G-Body

Brandon Miller

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 7, 2017
I'm for st marys ohio about 45 mins for Fort Wayne and it's in garner ky A core is really all I'm look for. Fab work isn't an issue. Just thought was a good deal if it would work out but if I can get one closer for a little more I wouldn't be against it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm for st marys ohio about 45 mins for Fort Wayne and it's in garner ky A core is really all I'm look for. Fab work isn't an issue. Just thought was a good deal if it would work out but if I can get one closer for a little more I wouldn't be against it

If you're into using a 9", the you aren't going to find a core much cheaper than that.

My two cents

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I got a 58 inch wide Ford 9 housing with axles set up for a Gbody a few weeks ago for $250.00. If the one your considering has the posi 3rd member I'd leave right NOW to get it. Parts for them AIN'T CHEAP. I saw the Gbody bracket conversion kit w/o spring mounts for $98.00 online yesterday. The more parts you get with it will save alot of $$$$

Sid R

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 22, 2018
Any time you look at a "9" Ford", turn it over and look at the center stud in the housing, thru the third member. It might be worth your time to have a deep 9/16" socket and an extension in your pocket. Try to put the socket on the nut.
A 9" has that stud in a recess. You won't be able to put your socket on it. The nut has to be installed and removed with a box end wrench.
If your socket slips right on the nut, you're looking at an 8" axle. Thank the seller and leave.
(I hadn't thought of that in years. Thanks for reminding me,)

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
In my younger days I chased around for parts mostly because of budget. Some deals but my share of wasted time. Looking at the pic's it already looks to be welded on. As Nailhead said "it's a $100.00 for a reason". It seems to be more than a 5 hour poke (one way). That's a lot of time and fuel. You can buy a bolt in 9 in housing for $365.00 and be further ahead in the long run. My 2 cents.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor