Metro or Softseal Door weather stripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Ok, I know a few of us wagon owners are using the Metro, is anyone using the Softseal? The Softseal is almost double the price per pair of doors at some places. Rockauto sells the Metro brand.

Usually you get what you pay for (at least for me anyway it seems), so I am curious if the Softseal is a better product.

Thanks guys.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jim,
I was originally going to go with Soff-seal, but a few people recommended going with the Metro brand.
A friend of mine bought a Soff-seal weatherstrip for the trunk of his Cutlass. He said it was stiff and not very pliable. He said he tossed it out and went for a Metro seal, and was pleased with the difference. I don't regret going with the Metro door seals. I almost considered Soff-seal due to cheaper price. I think you'll be pleased with the quality of the Metro product.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Jack, I have read on few older (4+ yrs) posts on different forums about the Softseal being stiffer. Seams to be a common complaint. I figured I'd start this thread since there are 5 or 6 of us wagon guys doing this or have it already done.

I am thinking the softseal is the way to go. I can hit Rockauto for those, then maybe Dixie Monte for the dew sweep kit (8 piece).

Jim

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I bought my t top seals from Metro and they were not formed properly. They were sent some pictures and with that they sent me a new set no questions asked and no need to send back the defective ones. They seem to be good quality and they stand behind their product so I would recommend them

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jim,
I purchased my door seals from Rockauto, but they actually came from Metro directly.
They're manufactured in Minneapolis, Mn....Blakes home town. I think he's also a fan of Metro products.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I bought my t top seals from Metro and they were not formed properly. They were sent some pictures and with that they sent me a new set no questions asked and no need to send back the defective ones. They seem to be good quality and they stand behind their product so I would recommend them

That is good to know, thank you! Customer support is always a plus.

Jim,
I purchased my door seals from Rockauto, but they actually came from Metro directly.
They're manufactured in Minneapolis, Mn....Blakes home town. I think he's also a fan of Metro products.

Jack, I appreciate that info. We have talked over the years via PM, I believe you told me you got these from Rockauto. I have seen this question come up before over on different forums about different cars, so I figured I would get all the opinions for the wagon here in the open.

Thanks again guys.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I was hoping someone would be able to chime in about the Soffseals, but it looks like we all bought from Metro lol...
I am/was happy with mine. Once the car is painted I plan on ordering another set.
There's a bunch of pictures somewhere in my build thread from when I put them on.
If you feel like combing thru it you can see how they look.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Last edited:

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I use a very thin bead along the window frame... don't need much.
Around the bottom of the shell I usually put a small dab in between each pin.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor