Might be getting back in the saddle... (UPDATED... PHOTO'S)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevy76monteman

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2006
Portland, Oregon, USA
Its been a while since I posted last. For those of you who don't remember, I briefly owned an 86 Grand Prix, which was totaled about a month and a half after I got it. I had plans for that car, but fate had other plans for it. While I own my pride and joy all ready, my 76 Monte Carlo, I do miss and regret totaling the Grand Prix. I asked my brother to drive me into Salem, OR tomorrow morning to check out a cheap 86 Grand Prix that is for sale. Wish me luck.

Re: Might be getting back in the saddle...

Good luck! I hope everything works out for you. I remember the butterflies I had when I bought my car.

I just got back from checking out the car and I'm sold. It has EVERYTHING I was looking for...

305 V8 (future 350 swap), 4-speed 200-4R automatic, factory rally gauges with tach (all of which work), floor console with shifter, bucket seats, solid floor pans (no rust that I could see), no body damage (all panels are straight and rust free from what I could see)... It does need a severe detailing job and could use fresh interior and the headliner sags.

Now I just gotta go back, buy it and figure out where the heck I can store my Monte Carlo.

I just looked up the ad. Seems like a sweet deal. You'd better snatch it up.

I just looked up the ad. Seems like a sweet deal. You'd better snatch it up

X2, If it's the one on Craigslist for $890, Doubt it will be there long.

Somebody bought it today, dang it.

That somebody was me. 😀

I scored big with this car... this car was fully loaded.

305 V8, 200-4R automatic, bucket seats, floor console with shifter, factory rally gauges with tachometer, factory AM/FM/Cassette stereo with power antenna, dual remote sport mirrors, rear window defogger, air conditioning, power windows, power door locks, power seats, factory cruise control, multi-speed windshield wipers, gray cloth interior and premium 14-inch turbine wheels.

It does need some little things to be fixed, but its a solid car. Definitely going to be a nice project.

Congrats! Looks like a great deal with buckets, console, gauges and a SBC!

chevy76monteman you b*st*rd!!! :twisted:

Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system 'cuz of the jealousy. 😛

Now, congrats! That's an awesome buy bro. Just love hearing about buys like this. I would recommend that you to immediately start a "build thread" -- and even if you don't do anything right away, just start it and post lots and LOTS of pictures. So I can drool over your car. Please and thanks. By the way I'm sick if you can't tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor