mini spool

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve 86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2006
hamden ct.
BUY A LOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I use them all the time. and yeah they make any rear end stronger because they eliminate the spider gears wich are the weakest link in any rear end.
they are a little noisy going around corners but well worth it I.M.O. they are better than having a posi carrier.easy to install,and remove and put into another rear. they cost around $350.00 .when you order it just make sure that its actually a 7.5 and not a 7.625 they look the same on the outside, but the carriers are different ( i just found this out the hard way

:evil: ).
if you have more questions, just reply in this post. im watching.
DONT USE A SPOOL FOR ANYTHING YOU ARE GOING TO DRIVE ON THE STREET.

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
Mini-spools are really made for dirt track racing cars. A full-spool is much stronger but not really suitable for street use. There really isn't much you can do for a 7.5" rear axle assembly because they are built light; everything, the ring/pinion, carrier, spyder gears, avle housing and axles are really small. If you have any kind of performance engine and want to hook up your G-Body hard, sooner or later you will have to upgrade to a stronger rear axle assembly.

slowolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2006
winnipeg manitoba
a mini spool won't really make your rear any stronger but it is a great way to lock up those rear tires. I have run a mini spool for a couple years under lots of abuse and sticky tires with no breakage. Buy a diff support cover to make it stronger other then that it's not worth the time or money

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor