CUTLASS Mini tub

Status
Not open for further replies.

1quickgm

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 6, 2021
For you guys that have done a mini tub on your Cutlass, did you shorten the rearend or leave it the stock length?

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
following...

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I am stock width rear in both the Monte and Wagon. I would have liked to have been an inch shorter overall to increase my flexibility. The challenge is if you want to maintain the factory suspension geometry, as a the LCA on the diff housing will get all wonky and you'll end up needed a different style suspension option.

There are ways to circumvent this with round tubular arms. But, if you start using aggressive relocation brackets it gets into the wheels... as do the shocks. There are a lot of compounding issues here depending upon how far you are pushing the envelope.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor