Miracle Relays/circuit breakers?

UC645

UC645

Greasemonkey
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
I figured I’d ask here since I’ve had no luck finding anything.
I’m looking for some sort of switch/relay/circuit breaker that once current flows through it, it stays on and kicks off once it senses more than a certain amount of resistance, even if you’re not using a constant on style of switch. The best example I can give is the 99-02 Chevy truck’s had that function built into the driver’s side window switch.
Anyone ever hear of such a thing?

81cutlass

Royal Smart Person
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
G body power seats used a circuit breaker fuse. Actually pretty much all older GM stuff used circuit breaker fuses. They come in 30 amps mostly but you can get aftermarket ones in all amp ratings.

I actually use one for my electric fan. When the fan turns on it spikes current draw and it always blows the normal fuse. The circuit breakers seem a bit more resilient to short high amp draws and I've had good luck with them.

Reactions: Rktpwrd
UC645

UC645

Greasemonkey
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Depends on the application, but it sounds like you're looking for a current limited switch.
I think those are what I’m looking for, I just have to dig through the catalogs. If all else fails I’ll use limiter switches to cut power to the relays.

Did pontiacgp delete his post? Either way, I think those circuit breakers will come in handy for something else I’m planning on using, thanks for that link

Reactions: fleming442
pontiacgp

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think those are what I’m looking for, I just have to dig through the catalogs. If all else fails I’ll use limiter switches to cut power to the relays.

Did pontiacgp delete his post? Either way, I think those circuit breakers will come in handy for something else I’m planning on using, thanks for that link
I deleted it cause I saw that those I listed were not what you are looking for but if you think they will come in handy for another project here is the link

Last edited:

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor