mixture control solenoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i just found out that i have the wrong m/c solenoid in my carb. does anyone know if i can just change the harness-side plug and go? i have the single plunger/black connector carb, i am supposed to have the double plunger blue connector. or, can i just leave it disconnected? this is for a 383ci in an 87 monte ss.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
yep, stock ecm. i will be getting a new prom of course but i want to get it up and running first.

87MonteSS

Master Mechanic
Jan 3, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
What was the engine harness in originally? The '87 SS harness should have the blue plug already. If it's not the '87 SS harness I have to ask what car the ECM is out of?

What I'm getting at is how do you know you have the wrong parts installed now?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
it's the original harness, not the original carb or engine. the harness is for the blue m/c. the carb has the black connector.

87MonteSS

Master Mechanic
Jan 3, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Can you get your hands on an '87 CCC carb and swap it out? MonteCarloSS.com has a great article in the technical section on opening up these carbs and adjusting them for performance.

I would think that this would be your best option to avoid butchering the harness or confusing the ECM.

Come to think of it, you'll also need to keep the CCC distributor and get the proper knock sensor for the 383 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor