Monte Carlo/El Camino Warning Light Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
I've always liked this warning light stack in the MC/EC cluster. Has anyone ever modified or used the top three blank spots for other warnings or indicators? I know the Buick gauges have the ability to add the low fuel warning but Im unsure if that's possible on this cluster as well. Anyone with any knowledge on this or just ideas on what the fills those blanks with?

Attachments

• Warning%20light%20plate%20lens.jpg
    Warning%20light%20plate%20lens.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 410
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I see I'm not the only one with this idea. My Monte is a converted gauge car so I want to reinstall the volt/battery, temp & maybe a low fuel light. Since I don't have a computer so I have the Check Engine light to convert to one. I've even thought of adding them to where the shift indicator went as I have a stick.

Reactions: 1 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
My black 79 Monte Carlo was converted to the gauge package, I ended up severing the power to the choke lamp (Powers the electric choke from the printed circuit) and used it as a indicator for my line lock.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I converted one to a shift light.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor