Monte Carlo Frame... Who Needs It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
I just removed my old frame out form under my 1988 Monte Carlo to replace it with another one due to a previous accident with the car prior to my ownership. The frame has damage from the firewall body mounts forward. HOWEVER, from these mounts rearward, it is as nice as Ive seen in ages!!! I know you rust belt guys have rust issues, well here is your chance to get some repair panels. Let me know if you need something and Ill grab a photo for you. Please come get this thing out of my yard!

Bludacious

Apprentice
Jan 2, 2018
I just removed my old frame out form under my 1988 Monte Carlo to replace it with another one due to a previous accident with the car prior to my ownership. The frame has damage from the firewall body mounts forward. HOWEVER, from these mounts rearward, it is as nice as Ive seen in ages!!! I know you rust belt guys have rust issues, well here is your chance to get some repair panels. Let me know if you need something and Ill grab a photo for you. Please come get this thing out of my yard!
PMed

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I couldn't give my clean, undamaged frame away and I live in NY :( if no one wants it, cut the rear rails off if it and scrap the rest.

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
I couldn't give my clean, undamaged frame away and I live in NY :( if no one wants it, cut the rear rails off if it and scrap the rest.

Lets all laugh at the kid near me who wanted 1500 bucks for a frame.

In all reality a front clip is worth 2-300 to someone like a dirt modified chassis builder, or the whole frame for someone building a street stock. Usually rear rails can be replaced with square tubing on a street stock and body mounts dont matter to those guys. Rear rails if they are clean maybe 100. Scrap the rest.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor