Monte Carlo Radiator Hose Sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric_cspan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 18, 2019
Most aftermarket G-body radiators available have 1.5" or 1.75" inlet/outlets.
Is it correct that Montes have 1.25" inlet and 1.5" outlet?

Are the cores and everything the same?
We are looking to make a direct fit for your Monte Carlo owners :)

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Most aftermarket G-body radiators available have 1.5" or 1.75" inlet/outlets.
Is it correct that Montes have 1.25" inlet and 1.5" outlet?

Are the cores and everything the same?
We are looking to make a direct fit for your Monte Carlo owners :)
It should be 1.5" upper/1.75" lower. Will it fit the rad support better than the current one you guys have? Cause I'm not liking the fit issues I brought up after I got it in the fall. Still seems like the tanks will rub the top after I get a shroud trimmed where it hits the cooling fins, looks like it's close to .25"-.40" wider too.

eric_cspan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 18, 2019
We can make adjustments on that too.
What year and model do you have it in?

eric_cspan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 18, 2019
Do you have any pictures. It's hard going by just text.
Also, have your tried factory style pads instead of the prothane?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Do you have any pictures. It's hard going by just text.
Also, have your tried factory style pads instead of the prothane?
I'll have to see what file I put the pics in. I went with the Prothane ones cause I didn't want to cut up any originals as the are not open enough the fit your tank ends/cooling fins cross bar. Over all the '78-'88 A/G body radiator seems to be a slight scale bigger than what would be a true direct fit. FYI my fitting of the rad is being done with the rad support out of the car as I'm working to get the support mounted on the frame to have my rebuilt 350 broke in before the body goes back on.

eric_cspan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 18, 2019
Gotcha. Yea see what you can come up with pictures. Either post here or PM me what you have.

200kss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 17, 2006
Missouri
The upper port on a stock gbody monte radiator is in fact 1.25 inches. I'm going through this now with a Cold Case radiator, trying to find an upper radiator hose that fits. The original GM hose and new stock replacements are too small at the radiator size. Does anyone of a stock style molded type upper hose that has 1.5 ends on both sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor