Monte Carlo SS bucket seats questions

dickeymoore

dickeymoore

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a set of Monte Carlo SS bucket seats bolted in my 79 Malibu but I cannot get them to slide back or forward with the handle under the seat can anyone give me any suggestions how to make the seats slide up and back

pagrunt

pagrunt

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
Check the wire "cable" for the adjuster. They might be broken, stretched, disconected. Might be as simple as lubing the tracks & pivots.

dickeymoore

dickeymoore

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
The wire is there and when I move the handle I see it moving and unhooking the part on the track but the seat will not move back or forth

M

mikester

Royal Smart Person
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Take the seat out, flip it over and clean and lube the seat tracks.

spicercars

spicercars

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2019
Saginaw MN
I agree with mikester

ssn696

ssn696

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
New Mexico
The old grease with 40 years of attracted dirt and lint has probably dried out and made a really helpful glue. Unbolt the tracks and clean the sliders with brake cleaner or orange-based degreaser, then lightly relube with some wheel bearing grease, molylube or something that does not evaporate quickly. Paint them while you're this far into the program...to quote another current post, "It's not OCD, it's 'while I'm here...' syndrome!"

motorheadmike

motorheadmike

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 18, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Hit it with your purse!

Also make sure everything is aligned between the rails, they can skip teeth/slots and will jam up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Interior 4
grandmas g Interior 3
joesregalproject Interior 5
dickeymoore Interior 6
M Interior 2