Monte Carlo SS bucket seats questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a set of Monte Carlo SS bucket seats bolted in my 79 Malibu but I cannot get them to slide back or forward with the handle under the seat can anyone give me any suggestions how to make the seats slide up and back

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Check the wire "cable" for the adjuster. They might be broken, stretched, disconected. Might be as simple as lubing the tracks & pivots.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
The old grease with 40 years of attracted dirt and lint has probably dried out and made a really helpful glue. Unbolt the tracks and clean the sliders with brake cleaner or orange-based degreaser, then lightly relube with some wheel bearing grease, molylube or something that does not evaporate quickly. Paint them while you're this far into the program...to quote another current post, "It's not OCD, it's 'while I'm here...' syndrome!"

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Hit it with your purse!

Also make sure everything is aligned between the rails, they can skip teeth/slots and will jam up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor