Monte Carlo SS Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I have been a member of this Forum since I bought my SS in Nov 2010. It's been around for a bit and I have seen a bit of knowledge on things in there, some of them guys took the time to put it all together. Tons of info that is nice to know.

Somehow my SS is the poster car. Pretty legit. Photos taken by photographers I know.

Capture.PNG

Reactions: 6 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Going into the wayback machine with that one.

Back in the day when the site was first going up a guy I knew from messageboards by the name of Neil, I think his handle was smooth88 or something like that.... he was originally a moderator of some sort, like I was in the buicl world.

Anyways, after bugging me for a week or two I signed up a profile there. So, I'm still member number 62, as of January 9, 2000. With a whopping 0.006 posts per day it tells me.

Someday I'll get either an 83 ss or 84ss. 83 with the nice white tutone bench seat, and 84 would have to be blue paint and open on interior choice. Just no rust, not overpriced, and bone stock.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
I have not used that site for some time. Unfortunately there is not near as much life on that page. It was not unusual to wait for a bit to get responses. On top of that it was SS only. I could focus on things that were the same on all Monte Carlos but some members ignored all non-ss post.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I actually joined there first, but didn't really love it over there. Really didn't enjoy buying the power window relays that were supposed to auto up and down that didn't have instructions and then once installed only autoed one way so decided down was the better way to go. Turned out for the best since I ended up here, sorry for your guys luck hahahaha

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
I have been a member of this Forum since I bought my SS in Nov 2010. It's been around for a bit and I have seen a bit of knowledge on things in there, some of them guys took the time to put it all together. Tons of info that is nice to know.

Somehow my SS is the poster car. Pretty legit. Photos taken by photographers I know.

View attachment 184300
mcss.com is an informative, well run site. I was on there all the time in the early 2000's when looking to buy and after the purchase of my 86 SS. It's kind of sad to see the decline in activity over there.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor