Monte Carlo SS turn signal options

Status
Not open for further replies.

wstefan20

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2018
Well, purchased a monte carlo ss recently, but it's missing turn signals. Looked up what they go for new and used and I'm not about to spend that kind of cash for square aging turn signals.

My question is surely someone has another option? Maybe aftermarket square led lights? Couldn't find anything searching so hopefully someone has an idea.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Do you mean that the whole rear tail light assembly is missing ??
If so,I very much doubt that you will find anything else that will bolt in place without looking out of place.
Did you try calling Mike at Mike's Montes ??
http://www.mikesmontes.com/
Lots of times Mike has used parts that aren't on his web page,and he is a pretty reasonable guy to deal with.
Or you could post a want ad in the classified section.
Guy

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Well, purchased a monte carlo ss recently, but it's missing turn signals
Do you mean the front ones in the bumper?
I replaced my taillights (no emblems), front and side markers with all new aftermarket replacements and have no regrets spending the money to have new ones on a car that I want to look good and care about, though I am perfectly capable of making something why bother when there is a direct replacement.
Also new ones are DOT compliant.

Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I needed front marker lights for my El C and after a few searches I found NOS on Ebay. If you need the cancel springs they can be bought also. What exactly do you need?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Well, purchased a monte carlo ss recently, but it's missing turn signals. Looked up what they go for new and used and I'm not about to spend that kind of cash for square aging turn signals.

My question is surely someone has another option? Maybe aftermarket square led lights? Couldn't find anything searching so hopefully someone has an idea.
Welcome to the world of trying to find good parts for G-bodies. Sometimes you have to fork over the cash to get what you want if it's not plentiful. Try buying new tail lights for a G-body Cutlass if you want to see the effects of supply and demand on those prices. I'd feel lucky to have a Monte.

It would help to be more specific. I initially thought you were looking for the switch in the column. If you mean the parking lamps or side marker lamps or tail lamps, you need to help us out by being more specific as to what you're looking for.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
The front marker lights on mine took some time. It was a bid auction with a buy it now price. I bought now. I couldn't let them get away and I felt $30.00 for a NOS pair was a fair price

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
There are deals out there if you search and are patient, also you would be surprised how close to new you can make a set of good condition lenses look with some sanding and polishing.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
There are deals out there if you search and are patient, also you would be surprised how close to new you can make a set of good condition lenses look with some sanding and polishing.
That's what I did on my rear lights. Bought a used set, sanded, polished and clear coated them. Look like new

Reactions: 1 users

wstefan20

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2018
Thanks everyone! Some really awesome advice. I just found the eBay ones mentioned and that's not a terrible price. Sorry for the confusion, should have been more specific. They're ss front bumper turn signals.

And yeah. I'm finding out more and more what parts I'm missing... turns out whoever used to own it started to part it out so that's fun... only saving grace was somehow there was an 84 in the junkyard near me! Almost got everything needed except for I think front and rear ss spoiler, bottom fender skirt, rear side markers, overflow tank, and a few small things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor