Monte interior vs. olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
how much different does the gbody Monte Carlo interior look from an olds? I’m considering a bucket seat , console shift and steering column swap from a 1986 Monte Carlo into my 80 cutlass .i would prefer all Oldsmobile but this stuff is local to me and might be an option
Two other thoughts/questions...

1) the seats are no big deal. However, they will have vinyl backs instead of that plastic she'll your 1980 would've come with. Appearance is different than the olds which, IIRC, is the only gbody to keep using the plastic back shell through the 80s. The others generally stopped around 1981 give or take a year or so.

2) that floor shifter may have a slight issue. 1986 monte should have a 4spd shifter for the OD. Your 1980 would've used a 3spd shifter due to no overdrive. If you did, or plan, a drivetrain swap that may not be an issue, and, cam be worked around anyways, but it is a difference you should be aware of

Deadeyejedi80

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2018
Saratoga springs ny
So yes it’s a 3 speed auto (th400) and I found out in fact the Monte is a 3 spd w/ od. Biggest reason for column swap is the shifter needle housing is broken so no indication what gear I’m in . (Easy enough to drive without it ) and signal light switch is screwed up have to slam it to get it to click in ( I change the internal switch and had it apart twice but can’t seemed to fix it ). Bottom line I’ll keep holding out til I can find a nice complete burgundy package will all I need to make a nice factory swap (yeah I know , good luck! 😂)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor