Monte SS Tailpipe Hangers - pics needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Bennett

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2018
I've got monte SS tailpipes on my 1980 Malibu. I bought some Monte SS tailpipe brackets from a guy but I think one of them is wrong or I didn't get a matched set because the tailpipes are off. The right one is farther out than the left.

Does anybody have pics of a proper set of the brackets? I need to compare and see if I have two of one side bracket or something.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
you need pics of them on the car ? Mine are in the top tray of my toolbox for years now after I just welded and drilled a bracket direct to the bumper mounts

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Here is my passenger side. That's not the stock hanger "spoon".

Attachments

• DSCN3623.JPG
    DSCN3623.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 227

Michael Bennett

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2018
I actually need pics of them off the car or correctly mounted to the car. I have two that the guy sold me but I think they may be the same side, just from different year cars.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Michael,
These are the pictures of the hangers on my 88 Super Sport.
Right side / Left side.
P1011648.JPG P1011649.JPG
The spoon is attached with a metal band which did not fit with 2.50 tail pipes. I ended up welding them on.
The finished product looks like this.
P1012020.JPG
Hope this helps!
Bob S.

Michael Bennett

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2018
Bob, that helps a lot, thanks. I think I've got two driver's side brackets from different years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor