Monte ss to non ss front bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurderCarlo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2014
Frederick MD
I've read a bunch about swapping from other model front bumpers to ss, but I'd like to go in the opposite direction. Before anyone talks about devaluing the car I got it with a a cracked up bumper cover including headlight buckets and a rattle can paint job. The one I'm looking at is from an 84 and in great shape. I would grab at least everything in front of the radiator. Do I need the lower front fender piece? Would there be a messed up line without it? Anything else? I can get the whole front clip but limited resources to transport it all home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It would be the reverse of what I did to my 83' Monte and should fit without issues and you will need the chrome piece for the fender to cover the front marker light and the recess in the fender but now you are adding chrome to a car that has none.
The only cars that don't interchange are the later model LS since they have a specific fender with a different body line.

MurderCarlo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2014
Frederick MD
Thanks. I've seen articles about the difference with ls models and luckily I prefer the classic look. I'm thinking of blacking out the side trim and leaving the chrome on the front. Going back and forth with the seller now. He wants to get rid of the whole front clip but I would have to find a truck to borrow to take the hood & would rather not do all the work to remove fenders I don't need.

MurderCarlo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2014
Frederick MD
It would be the reverse of what I did to my 83' Monte and should fit without issues and you will need the chrome piece for the fender to cover the front marker light and the recess in the fender but now you are adding chrome to a car that has none.
The only cars that don't interchange are the later model LS since they have a specific fender with a different body line.

What all did you have to change? Did the ss cover bolt up to the factory bumper? I've seen conflicting responses regarding the non ls front.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
What all did you have to change? Did the ss cover bolt up to the factory bumper? I've seen conflicting responses regarding the non ls front
Mine was actually a kit that uses a factory urethane nose and it went over the original inner bumper.
17106881.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor