More DMV madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My 17 year old Grandson has his junior learner's permit. We have been giving him driving instruction since last Christmas at Jones Beach ( no traffic!) and then on regular roads. The day after he graduates high school he starts Driver's Ed. Now I read that NY requires him to have 15 hours of documented night time driving before he can take his road test. But NYC, Nassau, and Suffolk all forbid night time driving under any circumstances for permit holders. WTF??!!?? Am I supposed to go upstate to let him drive at night? Oh, and Westchester County forbids him driving at all on their parkways. I emailed DMV and I can't wait to see what kind of ridiculous reply I will get.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Maybe NY just needs another layer if bureaucracy to manage all of that bureaucracy.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Millennials can't burn gas and effect climate change if they cannot drive.

vandyman

Apprentice
Jul 16, 2017
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
My lovely state, Maryland, decided to release the new "REAL ID" licenses WITHOUT doing the Real ID document verification. 64,000 of us (allegedly) had to go back in with 14 forms of proof that you're who you say you are. Of course, they're broken into 3 different groups, and even after digging through my firebox, I was still short. Back home to get yet more forms of identification and back to the MVA again. Information desks reviews your sh*t, gives you a number, you go to the window, and the subhuman government payrollee scans your sh*t into the system. One of these forms of identification was my registration card for the 67. How ironic that I have to have it scanned in to the VERY SAME F&*^ING COMPUTER SYSTEM THAT GENERATED IT!!!!!! I was LIVID! So, the subhuman hands me my license back and I ask "that's it? It's the same license I came in with? WTF DID YOU DO?!?!" "Well, sir, now you are in the system" Hopping mad, I tell her how idiotic the whole situation is that the state released the licenses prematurely and how much her existence just plain sucked. Her answer was "The state felt it more important for you to have a license" The first lady that rejected my ID forms had the balls to try to tell me that the state issued the licenses before the Real ID requirements were in place. BS!!!! The were redesigned FOR the Real ID program!!!! They screwed the pooch so bad that they had to build an entire new facility so the subhumans can scan in your utility bills.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
the new "REAL ID" licenses
Please. My license just expired and I had to go thought that same BS. I made an appointment online figuring I would breeze though. Nope. I went on one line to wait for an hour to get my papers checked. I can't find my SS number card. So they wanted a W2 to prove I was a taxpayer. I said I am retireded and I don't get a W2. I have a 1099-R. No good. What? Why not? My SS number is on it. No good. I started to get loud. They finally had a group huddle and decided that it was "OK". I guess I was the first retireded person to get a new license? Next hour on line for a new picture. I wear glasses but they made me take them off because they "glared". Next hour wait was to actually get the license. Just give me the REAL ID. But don't you want to be able to travel? NO! You can't pay me to fly and I'm never leaving this country ever again. 3 hours of agony.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Pa claims we just need a original/cretified copy of a birth certificate or passport, Social Securtity card, two proofs of ID-current license/ID & valid vehicle registration, $30 for their fee to get it. Then there will be the in office wait time cause it's mixxed in with getting new photo cars, permit/skills test, driving test.

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Reminds me of me getting my license changed from the old paper one to the new plastic card years ago. Local DMV wanted me to get my license file (all in paper here) from the DMV that issued the paper license some 20+ yrs ago. I asked the lady if she was sure that the other DMV would hand me the file, I could make whatever changes in it I wanted and then hand it to her. Long discussion short, she called the other DMV 200 mls away to send it over directly to her.
Same with my ID and passport. Got a new ID issued by the city office with no problem, half a year later my passport expired and I went to exact the same person to isuue a new passport. Now they wanted all kind of documents like birth certificate etc. I asked the person if she thinks my place and date of birth might have changed in the last six months since she issued my new ID card. No further questions asked.

But back to the main topic, don't you guys have driving schools? People here have to take a minimum of about 20 hrs. including Autobahn, night driving, city and safety courses, together with about 24 theory lessons, all with a certified driving school before they're even allowed to go to the test.
Most need 30+ hours on the road.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Don't bother making an appt for Real ID documentation. That's a straight joke as only had to wait maybe an extra 10-15 minutes over the appointment holders. I tried to make an appointment, but it was 30 days out and I had a Monday off, so I managed to get it done without one. Make sure you provide zeee correct documents for zeee verification!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor