Most expensive g body builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
Was curious what some of the most expensive g body builds are? This question a result of thinking what I would do if I won the lottery...

Thinking more in line of street builds.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
A real GNX on a Schwartz chassis w/ IRS riding on one-off billet aluminum wheels, powered by a 1000hp twin turbo Coyote V8 mated to a 7-speed sequential racing transmission, fully upholstered custom interior, all wrapped in a one-off carbon fiber bodykit which incorporates the rear window from Dale Earnhardt's actual Wrangler aerocoupe, then painted in a specially formulated gloss black that actually gets darker when the sun hits it.
And the owner literally never touches it from the word "go" to the word "done."

I think that would be a pretty expensive build.

• Winner
  • Creative
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I dunno. The $111,000 8-mile GNX looks like a winner in that lottery.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-buick-gnx-2/
Yep, by the time you dump the money in to restore it to drive-able condition, it'll be $150-160k.
That twin tubo LS GN posted awhile back had to be 200 or better. The answer to the question at hand is: there is no limit. How fast do you want to go? How many Gs do you want to pull in a corner? The possibilities are endless; just like any other car platform.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
If we're talking a car that is actually used, not some GNx low mile garage queen, I'd guess the current average high dollar build around 75-100k with a Schwartz chassis, t56, etc etc. See SicMonte or Lance Hamilton's builds.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Some people have more money than brains. Unfortunately, I have neither. From a strict financial standpoint, a G-body is a money pit. Do it for the love of your G-body or you'll be crying about it one day.

Expensive is a relative term. Anything I want to do that I don't have enough money for is "expensive". If you had a famed race car shop build you a car from the ground up, I'm sure you'd be spending more money than a house just to get a roller. That's one place I have to draw the line. A car cannot cost more than my house.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor