Motor mounts for small block chevy in Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I use factory flange nuts and duct tape the nut to the box end of a combo wrench. Drop the bolt through from the outside in and fish the nut through the oval hole in the crossmember. The tape holds the nut enough to get the thread started without dropping them into the frame rail.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Flange nuts, eh? That would do it fer sure. First time I did the frame clams I salvaged a set of bolts from a wreck in a scrap yard and then had fun trying to ease the nuts through that oval hole without hitting the gas lines. The second time, I used metric caps and "glued' the nuts into the closed end of a combo wrench using white pipe sealant and green masking tape. The third time I reverse engineered the whole business and stuffed the bolts in from below using extensions and swivels and slammed the nuts on from above. Was still able to tighten things down by using the oval holes to access the bolt heads but a lot easier to keep the wrench talking to the bolt while putting some turns on the nuts at the same time. Last time? for that exercise unless I lose one of the urethane inserts that I subbed in for the stock clam rubbers quite a few years back.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor