Motor mounts that allow truck intake to clear hood in 87 elcamino

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Worked well in my MCSS with the TBSS intake.
Holley is they way to go if you don't want all the fabrication hassle.

Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Ugly is a matter of opinion. People including me use the truck intake because it flows better than the LS3 intake. It’s been proven on the dyno that the truck intake performs better. If you shave The truck intake it looks really good. In fact I like it’s appearance better than the low profile car Intakes and you don’t have to spend $800 for LS3 parts and the FEAD. That $800 can be better spent on other performance upgrades. LS3 Camaro and Corvette parts come at a premium while you can buy truck FEAD parts at your local pick and pull for next to nothing

Not mine but just an example.

View attachment 189109
Absolutely agree, for a street car the truck intakes are absolutely king for broad torque and streetable power everywhere.

Holley mounts work with about 3/4 inch to spare with an aftermarket cable throttle body.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor