Motor Mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaqowt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 15, 2011
Shreveport, La
Ok, hit a new road block yeasterday, 84 cutty swapping v6 to sbc 350. I finally got this motor mount replacement down to a art all the way down to the perfect position to lay on the groung to remove and put them back. But that's the easy part,the motor I have came out of a 94 1500, so I got the motor mounts that were recommended for the mount on the motor. Well those wont line up evenly against the frame of the car, in relation to the holes in the frame. If one side lines up the other wont. So I go back to the store and buy the motor mounts for a 84 cutty and they dont work at all. Can anyone tell me what ate the correct/ best/ or alternative mounts to get and were. Or what suggestions do you all have???

Attachments

• IMG_6927.JPG
    IMG_6927.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 634
  • IMG_6928.JPG
    IMG_6928.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 640

Grandprixpaul

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2011
Commerce township , mi
Standard sbc motor mounts or what i used was mounts from a 1987 iroc z camaro there the most commonly used ,im not sure if the truck uses different shells that mount to the block ,but again i had a pair left over from the iroc i used to have ,pretty sure the trucks motor mounts are different to a cars.though hope this helps thats what i used im my gp and went in first time no problem

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Can you show pics of where your mounting the frame mounts?

I think the motor side is different on the truck but the clam shell is the same well it should be.

blaqowt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 15, 2011
Shreveport, La
@ Ghettoracingkid... I will have to resize the pic to post it later, but I was looking through some pics on here I found someone with the same mounts as I have, looks like they are using different holes on the mounts itself from what I am. I was using the hole in the middle of the mount and one ont either the bottom right or left. Looks as if one hole will be off the frame.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
there are also different holes in the fram to use.

Here are mine.

I took a pics just in case when i was doing the engine compartment.

I hope this helps. you can see the 3 spots where the mount was bolted to.

005.jpg

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
If you are trying to use the 94 truck motor side clamshell they wont work the holes are drilled in a different location. You need the clamshells from a GM car equipt with a sbc. The truck mounts wont work. As for the frame monte carlo mounts are what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor