Motor Mounts ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCKTMN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 11, 2014
Hi all,

I wanted to confirm whether or not my memory is correct. Is it possible to replace engines from different makes (i.e. Chevrolet V8 to Olds V8) by simply changing to the appropriate motor mount? In other words, are all G-body frames the same in this area? Is it just a matter of matching parts when swapping?

Thank you,
Paul

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Here is a the front crossmember from a 1980 Malibu. I think all G-bodies were drilled the same way. The mounts shown are for a V8 Chevy engine - notice one of the four holes hangs off the edge. The variety of other drilled holes enable use of various motor mounts for various brands. Perhaps others in the B-O-P world can share pictures of where their mounts were located when they pulled their 350, 307, etc.

Attachments

• DSCN4599.JPG
    DSCN4599.JPG
    429.6 KB · Views: 676
  • DSCN3865.JPG
    DSCN3865.JPG
    409.6 KB · Views: 643
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor