Mouse issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge1958

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2019
Columbia City Oregon
So my fellow G body friends. Since this Covid stuff started a few months ago the wife and I havent been able to enjoy our camp trailer cause so many parks have been closed. So in the mean time some mice have decided to set up shop in her. We we're down at the storage lot today to change out the drys the air in there and the wife noticed some mice turds in a couple lower cabinets. Not alot. But there there. Your best ideas on how to control this. I am going to pull all the stuff out of the cabinets this week and plug as many holes as i can and put some traps in there. I always plug the furnace exhaust with steel wool, but any other ideas would be appreciated. I dont want to use poison if i can because if they get stuck in there look out for the stink. With the traps i will chk those out every couple days so they dont start stinking.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm pretty sure I read on here to use dryer sheets as a repellent. Smells nice and they hate it. You could also use the high pitch sonic repellent......

Example of sonic repellent....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YBZ2YYW/?tag=gbody-20

Let us know what you try and how it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
It doesn’t take them long to destroy once the temperature drops

Attachments

• 1DB30F0C-C17D-4A0B-AF64-8FAB98E052FD.jpeg
    1DB30F0C-C17D-4A0B-AF64-8FAB98E052FD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 216
  • Sad
  • Angry

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I would use glue traps. They're cheap, and they don't have poison. And once they're in, it's the La Brea Tar Pits effect. Struggle as they might, they'll die on the sticky stuff. Pick it all up and toss in the trash. Easy peasy.

But don't just go once or twice over the winter. You may want to periodically check them in case they die and rot in place.

JMO.

You can usually find them at the home repair big box stores or at wally world, etc.

I've used the below glue board things out in the shop, supposedly scented with peanut butter smell, but I didn't really detect peanut butter. All I've caught was rando bugs. Did use it when my late mother-in-law had a mouse hiding in her kitchen. Stuck one of those between her fridge and stove, 2 days later...head was stuck to the glue. Bye bye mouse. But you can't be too cautious where your stuff is stashed.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
I've used bounce dryer sheets in my car and camper and haven't had a problem. I do use a lot though.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Just check your traps often. Little bastards will turn cannibal in a moment.

• Wow
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Try some moth balls in the hard to access spots as they claimed to be something mice don't like.

• Agree

Jorge1958

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2019
Columbia City Oregon
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I
Might try the bounce dryer sheets after i plug all the holes. I can put some of those in the drawers and pantry. I will set a few traps to. I will let u know how it goes. Thanks again.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor