moving a g-body engine back, moving rear-end forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

othtim

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2010
How much trouble is it to move the engine back in an 83 monte carlo? I'm able to and willing to hammer out the trans tunnel and firewall. ANyone ever done that?

Also, anyone ever moved the rear end forward? I'm getting a custom driveshaft cut anyways, and I'm considering moving the rear end foward. I have adjustable upper and lower control arms. What would be required to move it? Just changing the length of the control arms? I'm going to be re-welding the spring perches anyways.

CAPERKEV

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2011
why would you want to pull the rearend forward??? are you not concerned with wheel well openings????? unless your doing new quarters cut up, why on earth would you m,ove the diff????

CAPERKEV

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2011
if your trying to make the car shorter, just save the money and buy a honda,lmao

othtim

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2010
i'm still interested if anyone has any comments.

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
whats the purpose for these mods? are you trying move the weight to the center or are you making the car shorter? I have seen a rear/mid engined c2 vette, wow badass! reminded me of a porsche 914. Depending on how far you plan on moving the drive train??

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Altered wheelbase drag car?

username

Master Mechanic
Jul 21, 2009
Tennessee
I spotted this beauty back in June for sale in Kentucky.Maybe he's trying to do this :p
normal_100_1421.JPG

I just went back through there about a month ago and guess what its still for sale :lol:

Rocket

Greasemonkey
Oct 18, 2011
Reserve Mines, NS
we have the engine back 19 1/2" in our malibu but the floor & firewall are all aluminum...like others, i'm curious as why you'd want to move the diff. forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor