MSD Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Everyone knows that MSD instructions suck most of the time. With my MSD 6AL-2 programmable box had me confused how to set up the vacuum advance. I just came across a youtube video that talked about that problem and the solution. One of software graph was called Boost Retard which I do not require so I ignored that section. It turns out that MSD put out a Technical Brief where they instruct how to use Boost Retard and Vacuum Advance features and it shows how to set it up using the Boost Retard graph. That Technical Brief isn't that easy to find either....... :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Yea I went through that on my msd digital programmable 6al-2. They show as boost. It is similar to some gauges where below zero is vacuum and above zero is boost if I remember correctly. Nice box though with a ton of features

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor