Mufflers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have a busted muffler so I have to change it, I dropped the exhaust last year and somethign has broken off inside. I found the Magnaflow chambered mufflers too loud but I put up with them. Now I'm looking for a muffler that will still give a nice sound but not so much of it. I'm looking at the Flowmaster 50 series. It's hard to gauge the sound from an online video. Any of you running the Flowmaster 50 and what are your impressions....

Thanks

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
I have a busted muffler so I have to change it, I dropped the exhaust last year and somethign has broken off inside. I found the Magnaflow chambered mufflers too loud but I put up with them. Now I'm looking for a muffler that will still give a nice sound but not so much of it. I'm looking at the Flowmaster 50 series. It's hard to gauge the sound from an online video. Any of you running the Flowmaster 50 and what are your impressions....

Thanks
Black widow black widow black widow oh my god they are amazing

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
What are the specs needed for a replacement muffler
Overall length
Case length
In and out configuration
Tubing diameter

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
you joking right?... I'm triying to get quieter, not louder
Yeah, those are definitely not quiet mufflers and to be honest the video I heard they did even sound very good, but could be the application also.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
What are the specs needed for a replacement muffler
Overall length
Case length
In and out configuration
Tubing diameter

what I have now is

2.5" in/out
offset in - center out
14" case, 20" overall

the Flowmaster 50 series is 3" longer

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think the 50 series Delta Flows will be a good choice in a welded muffler for what you are attempting to do as long as you can accommodate the extra 3" in length
family_banner2_lrg.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks....There shouldn't be a problem with the extra 3 inches. I'll take it back to the shop who fabricated and installed the SS system 3 years ago. They do some great work and they are not expensive.

jeremy lives close to me so once I have the mufflers installed I'll let him listen to the nice mellow sound and then smack him for his black widow suggestion...:D

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor