Murphy’s Law strikes again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
As I’ve posted already, I swapped out my rear suspension and added 45 series tires on 17 inch wheels. The part I left out is where Murphy’s Law bit me in the *ss. I lowered the car to the ground everything installed to do the final tightening/torqueing, the friggin floor jack WONT COME OUT!!!! I had to use a bottle jack under the shock mount to get the floor jack out. I then figured I’d try angling in from the side, NO WAY my jack hits my Pypes mufflers. Looks like I’ll be buying a low profile floor jack. THANX ALOT MURPHY Gotta laugh or go crazier!

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I thought your jack broke, then I realized what you were saying. I had a girlfriend that had a lowered Neon with big wheels. That car was a pain in my azz. I keeped a couple small two by four blocks in her trunk just for that. She blew out a tire once. No one in Des Moines could get that size of tire for a couple days. Then I found out the spare tire was too small for the lowered car. Went to the junkyard and bought a factory wheel and tire for a spare. Even though the car looked cool it was still a Neon! Needless to say after we broke up she got rid of that car.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
1st I am not a Chrysler fan AT ALL, but I have to say that I still see alot of Neons running around. A buddy of mine had one for years, put over 200.000 miles on it till he traded it in.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
1st I am not a Chrysler fan AT ALL, but I have to say that I still see alot of Neons running around. A buddy of mine had one for years, put over 200.000 miles on it till he traded it in.
Truth! I worked in car rental years back and despised them things! My wife pulled up in one and yep it was a soldier!!! I drove it for years, hauled all kinds of stuff with it. Drove it to the junkyard and sold it for $400 with 195k on the clock. The timing belt was shot, water pump shot, other things shot, but not worth fixing!!

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
True, but how do you get them under the tires in the first place if the jack doesn’t fit to raise the car? LOL

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I realize that if the cars drivable, just drive upon the 2X4s. Still a major PITA New jack hunt in progress !

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
The downside of buying good tools is that they don't break when you need them to in order to justify an upgrade. I bought the Harbor Fright low profile 2-ton jack after I put the lowering springs in the coupe and could not get my old reliable 3-ton under the frame rail. So now I have to store two jacks.

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I figure a good quality jack to be a necessary investment since I’ll be doing my front suspension soon. So far I’ve seen them as low as 2.75 inches for under $200.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor