Muscle up my 81 cutlass supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

rancher

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2017
Blackduck, MN
this winter I will swap out the motor and transmission with a ls 5.3 and 4l60e with turbo. lots of questions about suspension. I will check in every day to see what similar builders are doing.

Attachments

• P5130010.JPG
    P5130010.JPG
    311.6 KB · Views: 124
  • P5130009.JPG
    P5130009.JPG
    309.9 KB · Views: 143

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
The 60 won't be up to the task. A built one is still a maintenance item at the power levels these are capable of. A decent used 4l80 with a transgo2 kit is cheaper and stronger. They go into our cars without much issue. Unless you really like to spend your weekends pulling transmissions....

rancher

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2017
Blackduck, MN
The 60 won't be up to the task. A built one is still a maintenance item at the power levels these are capable of. A decent used 4l80 with a transgo2 kit is cheaper and stronger. They go into our cars without much issue. Unless you really like to spend your weekends pulling transmissions....
thanks, I have heard that, I have the motor and transmission from a Silverado now and have been looking around for the 80 but have not found anything local (rural northern Minnesota). I know that there are a lot of sellers online but I haven't seen prices I like. I will have to think this over. What do you think of coil overs up front?

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Coil overs are really nice but make sure you do your homework, spring rates can be difficult to get right. A good boneyard source for the 80e trans is 3/4 ton vans. Most of them come with small v8s but have the big transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor