must be my lucky holiday season

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
i found a listing for a 2004r for 100 bucks. not sure if they still have it but if they do i'm getting it. they listed it as "built" with a 2600 stall converter out of an el camino. i sure hope i can get it! :mrgreen:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
$100 bucks sounds like a deal. Even if it isn't a performance model. I sold a later year Monte SS CZ trans several years ago for $100.
I couldn't take it with me, which I'm kicking myself hard for today. Fortunately I do have a late Caprice 200-4R core that was taken out of a car under waranty. It does need to be "built" however, in order to turn it into any type of performance unit.
Right now it's in a hundred or so pieces.

Good luck. Grab it if it's still available. Also see if he'll produce an invoice of what's been done to it.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
if they answer i'll be asking them plenty of questions but really even as a core it's worth the money. i'm figuring something has to be wrong with it for them to be selling it for 100 bucks. i'm just waiting on them to answer my email since they didnt post a number to call.

speak of the devil he just replied after i posted this reply. he said it's set aside for someone else coming up on sunday to buy a bunch of his other stuff but said i'd be number 2 in line if the guy didnt buy it. i sure hope the guy doesnt buy it, i'm dying for an OD and this would get me a lot closer to that goal.

if i can get it i'll have spent 150 bucks for a transmission and a short block in a week. i guess i have to wait till sunday... :(

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
good luck and i hope you get it...it's not unusual to sell things underpriced at this time of the year and others just sell it for what they want out of it...then there are those who get tired of the online "buyers" who bug the hell out of you asking questions and trying to lowball you that they just want to get rid of it

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, good luck. I hope it comes thru for you. $100. is not a bad deal. That's about what I paid for my current core several years ago. I guess it's not unusual to see stuff going for good prices this time of year.
I just missed out on a set of American TT II's and Firestone Firehawks 235/60/15's for $400.
Man, I need tires too. This would have been a sweet deal. My car would've loved 'em... :lol:
I'll keep a good thought for you.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
i dont know...he said the guy was driving 2 hours away to get some stuff but we'll see. if i dont hear from him by sunday or monday i'll just look for something else to get like an engine stand, my block is just sitting on the floor in the living room in a thick contractor garbage bag.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Don't totally give up. The potential buyer could end up being a "no-show". It happens more than you think. On the other hand, a good engine stand would be a very useful item to have, especially when you have an engine build in the wings.
Good luck!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you know what time the other guy is supposed to be there if it's close by to you I'd drop in a 1/2 hour after and if he didn't arrive I's see if the guy would sell it to you.....if the other guy is held up in traffic or something he would have called if he was going to be late. If I'm heading out of town on a 2 hour trip I always thro a few $$$ their way so they don't sell the part and I make my trip for nothing....IMO if the buyer hasn't done that it's an indication he's not that anxious to get the parts

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
next year the money situation will improve and until then i think i want to focus on the engine and put all my money and energy into it, i have time to find another transmission before the engine is done so i'm not worried about this one. i'll be happy if i can get it but if not it's no big deal. it'd just be nice to at least have a core on hand so i didnt have to look for one later but it's not like the world is going to run out of 2004r's before i get a chance to get one.

i give myself 50/50 on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor