My 1980 Malibu (caution pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
So after a few months of searching, I finally picked up a Malibu. Went back and forth with this guy for the better part of a month. Twice he told me it was sold (or had better offers) and at one point wouldnt answer my calls or texts for 4-5 days. The car is very solid and will be an awesome platform for either a 383 stroker or 6.0 LS swap. Neither will happen till sometime next year. Only plans this year is a 2" cowl hood, maybe some different rims. Paint is in excellent shape with the exception of previous owners shitty attempt at touching up some scratches, and the plastic bumper fillers arent holding paint so well, neither is a big concern at this point.
So it has a 350 with a recently rebuilt 350 turbo trans w/shift kit. Mild cam, RPM Performer intake, Holley 670 street avenger carb, headers, 10 bolt posi, 373 gear, looks to be aftermarket end links, trans cooler, and trans pan. Plan on changing oil, coolant, and plugs before I take it out and really romp on it.

Reactions: 2 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Looks to be in nice shape!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Looks good!!!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Nice find!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice lookin' Malibu, Shawn.
I'm glad it worked out for you after all the hemming and hawing from the seller.

Thanks for sharing the pics with us. Keep us up to date on your progress and upgrades.
The car looks like it could be lowered a bit.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

shawn1112

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2017
Nice lookin' Malibu, Shawn.
I'm glad it worked out for you after all the hemming and hawing from the seller.

Thanks for sharing the pics with us. Keep us up to date on your progress and upgrades.
The car looks like it could be lowered a bit.
What's the preferred method of lowering these things? My have lowered my last 4-5 cars (chargers, 300, and 2 Jeep srt's) just swapping out factory springs for lowering springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor