My 1980 Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Picked this one up a few months ago for a daily. 1980 Malibu Landau, F41 suspension, 305 on propane. Gets about 20mpg at 80 cents a liter, I'm pretty happy with that. I think I'm gonna start beefing up the suspension for handling, but first I need frame rails... surprise surprise.

DSCN5118.jpg

DSCN5115.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
I have been talking to conrad the past few days, i think i'll be ordering them next week when hes back. I have a bad feeling that the cancer goes a little further than these rails cover, but a little rust repair is better than a lot.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Well, make sure the rust in the frame isn't too extensive. In some cases, you're better off finding a replacement frame and swapping everything over. It is a good deal of work. I'd hate to see you spend the money on frame rails to find out your frame is toast. The car looks original. How's the rust in the body panels itself?

Conrad had done the rails on one guys Monte SS. He did one heck of a job, too.

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
The rust hasn't started to go over the axle quite yet. I figure if the rails don't take care of all of it, the rust will only be 1 or 2 inches further. There's not much rust on the body, but this thing was re-painted about 10 years ago.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Where are you getting gas for $0.80/liter? Here in southern Ontario, the cheapest is about $1.25/lt. Last weekend, I was in North Bay Ont, and paid $1.36.2/lt for regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor