my 1990 f150 4x4 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crapple21

Greasemonkey
Apr 16, 2011
Washington
i have owned this truck for about a year now. it was my great uncles truck and he passed away and was given to me. the only problem with it is he was in the middle of putting the engine back together when he died. i have been saving up money to take it to a shop to get it fixed but recently i decided that i could save some money if i do it my self.
downsized_1116001219-1.jpg
what it looked like when i got it.
downsized-12145521345.jpg
what it looks like now i painted most of the chrome stuff black and installed 4 lights on top of the headach rack.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Still looks pretty complete. Is the distributor missing or just covered with the rag? Any idea why it was taken apart? If it's got compression that's a big bonus. I think you can probably fix it without a shop being involved.

Crapple21

Greasemonkey
Apr 16, 2011
Washington
The distributor is missing and I think from what my grandpa told me about it my great uncle blew the engine that was in it origin illy and this engine was from a junkyard and my great uncle put it and got to this point then passed away and ya that's what I was thinking it doesn't seem like to much work just a bunch of little stuff. It has brand new injectors and what not just gotta get a distributor. Don't know of I want to get one from a junkyard or just get a new one.

els-

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2011
I know way.....to much about them. Shoot me a message if you need help. The duraspark option is one of the better ways to go. But it shouldnt be hard to get up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor