My 70 Plymouth Belvedere Resto

Status
Not open for further replies.

justacruzr2

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2017
Midlothian, Illinois
Hey everyone. Here are the pix of the 70 Plymouth Belvedere resto I mentioned. I have a lot of pictures so this will take some time. This is the first batch and will start out with the way it looked before I started so you get an
idea of how much work needed to be done. The decision at the time was to either junk it or restore it. Yes it's a
4 door 6 banger but I chose restore because I'd never done a full resto before and wanted the experience so that
when I get to my 63 and 69 my skills will be much better.....and for the FUN of it too! For those who may not
know, the Bevedere was the low line RoadRunner.

This is my inspiration....a picture of someone elses 70 Plymouth Belvedere I found on the web. Not bad looking for a 4 door.

blob.jpg

These first 5 are the before pix. Pretty bad huh?

blob.jpg

blob.jpg

blob.jpg

blob.jpg

blob.jpg

These 2 show the rear window sill repaired. They are handmade pieces.

blob.jpg

blob.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

justacruzr2

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2017
Midlothian, Illinois
These 3 show the trunk floor removed....what was left of it that is!

blob.jpg

blob.jpg

blob.jpg

These 5 show the left & right inner wheelhouse lower welding lip repaired, the left & right lower corners of the
tailpanel repaired and a view of the tailpanel repair from the back of the car. Preparing the welding edges for the new
trunk floor was first priority. Have to have something to weld the floor to after all. These pieces were all handmade. There were no reproduction wheelhouses available at the time. There will be more to come showing the different
phases. I have to scan the pictures into the computer and then resize them....it takes some time.
blob.jpg

blob.jpg

blob.jpg

blob.jpg

blob.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Reminds me of my dad's/brother's '71 Sprint. Just tore the vinyl top off recently.
Love that Plymouth style; I wish you the best of luck with it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Coolio. Love me some mopars. Not one of the best imo, but it's yours and you like it; that's what matters.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Where did you learn your fabrication and welding skills, you are doing a great job. Your Belvedere should look awesome when you are done.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Always been a Mopar guy. Just finished last year help restore my dads 66 Dodge Coronet 440. Ill be following this thread.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I so need to take a picture of my neighbors car for you in the early 90s it was his bracket car and was 8 in points E-town had him run it at Maple Grove for them that year now it's hidden from the town in his garage off the road sence the late 90s that's it I'm going across the street

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor