My 70 Plymouth Belvedere Resto

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibujustin

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2017
Have thoroughly enjoyed this thread so far. Poor car was rough. Most would have said junk it or part it out. Glad you decided to save her. Great work!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

justacruzr2

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2017
Midlothian, Illinois
I admire your dedication. A four door with a straight six and you put that level of effort into it. It's going to be a cool car. Nice garage!

Thanks for the compliment. Even though it's not the most desirable car to restore, I didn't want to do a half-baked job on it. You learn more by doing it the right way. And all these things I've done will be repeated again on the 63 & 69. BTW, I'm looking around for a 69 Galaxie for that restoration. Mine is too badly rusted to do. It would need much more than the Plymouth (practically every body panel and the frame is rotted out). But it is a good parts donor. Looking for something from down south or out west. Something that isn't rusted (other than surface rust). A few dings is OK. If you ever run into something like that down your way I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. Thanks and have a good 4th. Oh, and here are a couple more pix of the rest of my parts stash. Before you think that I'm rich or something, I'm not. It took 12 years to track all this down and a lot of hard work to earn the money to pay for it. The first 2 are some NOS parts I have for the GP. The last 3 are NOS parts for the 63 & 69. I have about 2600 parts including wiring, weatherstripping, moldings and bumpers. At least in that department I'm ready.

blob.jpg

blob.jpg

blob.jpg

blob.jpg

blob.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Holy crap!

On the next episode of Restortation Hoarders...

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm very jealous of your NOS hoarde!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
reopened. Just a reminder that threads automatically lock after 1 year with no posts...

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
My first time seeing this thread great work and an interesting read!

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor