My 70 Plymouth Belvedere Resto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Looking forward to seeing some progress!

Nov 4, 2012
First time I've seen this as well and wow you've got some incredible fab skills. And holy NOS parts stash!

justacruzr2

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2017
Midlothian, Illinois
Been awhile since I updated this thread because I've been working on my 86 Grand Prix to get it ready for use. When the weather turned lousy after that last 80 degree day we had in September (what a lousy fall here...rain, rain, rain, cold, cold,cold) I decided to use the time to work on the Plymouth while I waited to see if we would get some more good (like 70's) weather since the last thing I had to do on the Pontiac was to sandblast, prime and paint the underside. Need good weather for that since I'm doing it outside. Anyway, that will have to wait for next year.
As you can see I'm almost done with the right quarter after which the Plymouth will get the sanblast treatment as well. All I did here was "lead in" the seam of the new quarter with the top of the old quarter and I'm blending in the new quarter with the existing sheetmetal. Thanks for checking this out and I will post updates as things progress.
Picture 038.jpg
Picture 039.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

justacruzr2

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2017
Midlothian, Illinois
Just thought I'd post an update that I'm still working on the '86 Grand Prix and probably will be for some time to come. It's not that it's in bad shape, it's more about making the time. I've taken 2 one week vacations so far this year exclusively to work on it as I get much more done that way. Want to go over everything, which is a good idea when you are working on a car that you don't know the history of. Don't want any surprises. So I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get back to the Plymouth this year...but I hope so.

Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Just thought I'd post an update that I'm still working on the '86 Grand Prix and probably will be for some time to come. It's not that it's in bad shape, it's more about making the time. I've taken 2 one week vacations so far this year exclusively to work on it as I get much more done that way. Want to go over everything, which is a good idea when you are working on a car that you don't know the history of. Don't want any surprises. So I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get back to the Plymouth this year...but I hope so.
Where is the build thread on the GP???
😉

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

justacruzr2

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2017
Midlothian, Illinois
Where is the build thread on the GP???
😉
There isn't one. This is just going to be a daily driver and so I didn't think anyone would care about that. But I am going over it as if it was a resto because of all the things I learned with my "84 GP. Like where they like to rust, etc. So this is more of a precautionary measure so that the car looks nice and doesn't have problems for a real long time. Besides I have to borrow a camera to take pictures and that doesn't always work out when I need one. If I can get some pictures I will and make a thread for it. Thanks for asking.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
There isn't one. This is just going to be a daily driver and so I didn't think anyone would care about that. But I am going over it as if it was a resto because of all the things I learned with my "84 GP. Like where they like to rust, etc. So this is more of a precautionary measure so that the car looks nice and doesn't have problems for a real long time. Besides I have to borrow a camera to take pictures and that doesn't always work out when I need one. If I can get some pictures I will and make a thread for it. Thanks for asking.
We love almost all G Bodies. We want to see pics of your GP if you have an opportunity to take them and post them up. I don't know if you saw the update on Dad's Galaxie thread, but he finally relented and sent the car out to paint about a month ago.

• Agree

justacruzr2

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2017
Midlothian, Illinois
We love almost all G Bodies. We want to see pics of your GP if you have an opportunity to take them and post them up. I don't know if you saw the update on Dad's Galaxie thread, but he finally relented and sent the car out to paint about a month ago.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to answer you last week. We got busy here at work and there wasn't time. It'll be a little while till I can get a camera so please be patient. No I didn't see the update but I agree with him. I've tried painting and I'm only so so at it. I'd rather have someone who does painting do it too. Anyway it's good to see that it's that far along and will be done soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor